Do homeowners need alternative accommodation cover with buildings insurance?

Homeowners may require alternative accommodation cover if their home is made inhabitable due to a flood or fire. This type of cover will pay for any costs incurred when alternative accommodation is required, while your property is made habitable again.

Homeowners need to check to see if alternative accommodation cover is included on their buildings insurance policy. Some policies will include as standard and some do not.

Take a good luck at the terms on conditions of the buildings insurance first before choosing which buildings insurance policy to buy.

See our home insurance comparison for more information and to see who offers alternative accommodation cover.